Tuesday, December 31, 2013

An unconventional holiday

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I can't believe 2014 starts tomorrow (I say this every year, but marveling at how fast time flies never ends) 

I had a quiet Christmas here in Birmingham with a few friends. I am grateful to them for making it easier for me to be away from home. (although my mom has me calling her so often that I might as well be there) 

Today is New Year's eve, and some of my friends and I are going to London to watch the world famous fireworks and basically run around all night until our coach home at 6 am. Hoping to get some cool photos to share. 

2013 was a good year for me. I got my first real job, learned a lot, was accepted to all three graduate programmes I applied to, received my scholarship and made some lifetime friends. 2014 has very big shoes to fill, but I am hoping it steps up to the challenge. 

"I wish you 12 months of prosperity, 52 weeks of happiness, 365 days of success, 8,760 hours of health, 525,600 minutes of luck and 31,536,000 seconds of love." Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment