Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Banco Santander Scholarship 2013

Hi, everyone, my name is Yekaterina, but to avoid pronunciation problems I go by ‘Kate.’ I am originally from Moscow, Russia, but I have been living in the US since the age of nine. Some of my interests include art, travel and running. In 2012 I graduated from Juniata College, a small school in central Pennsylvania. After taking a year off to gain some working experience, I decided that I wanted to pursue my master’s degree outside of the United States. I am honored and fortunate to be chosen as one of the recipients of the Banco Santander Scholarship 2013. I was at work when I found out, and although I had to contain my excitement (no jumping up and down or silent dance parties), it was and is a great feeling to be recognised and encouraged. Planning for studying abroad is challenging and rewarding; it’s an exciting kind of responsibility. Reaching out to people, planning, researching, prioritizing, asking for help, and making decisions guarantee that my learning process began prior to my arrival. With everything falling into place, I am that much more eager to start my studies at Aston University.

No comments:

Post a Comment